Koushaku Reijou no Tashinami - Ch 214 (Part 2)


Mother




(TL: Iris mother thoughts...)

  "It seems like all went well, but since there are still hidden obstacles such as Prince Edward faction hidden members... I have no choice but to provide help from behind. If those nobles were to know of me helping suppress other nobles when the First Prince is not yet king, they would cause a commotion. As Bern and Rudy are at his side, our house can be seen as having too much power and that can be used to start a rebellion from this not yet plucked obstacles while inciting the other nobles."

"... You have to remove the rest of Edward forces as soon as possible with minimal confusion.Which by all means, I would like you to fully demonstrate your competent power, while accomplishing the task in silence. Our country needs to be cleaned and start anew."

"... Is there any movement at that country?"

My father frowned at my question. I was referring to Twil's country, after their plans failed, by no means they would keep quiet and easy going about all this.

"Is Rudy performing an investigation on them?"

"Yeah ... I don't have any clear information about the current situation. By the way, shouldn't Iris be arriving? the meeting ended already.. "

"Iris is nice ... but she's too thoughtful for her own good..."

"That's right, let's tell Dida, Lyle, and Tanya to protect that child now more than ever ... Those who attacked your husband should go after her now. We're still in crisis. As you know, we're the main pillar supporting Prince Alfred right now. They will attack us with all their power. "

"Are you sure?"

"... Intuition, those attacks looked like a well-planned movement, that plan looked so similar to the ones executed by Twil's army while the war... The only difference is that before, they didn't need to borrow other people identities, but now they point their swords to us while appearing as people from our country ... They also used the Second Prince and Marquis Maras before... Prince Alfred was the most obstructive for them to take the country but I guess that now it's your husband, and your father, I do not know whether Iris is also in their list or not, but I wouldn't doubt it."

"Well, indeed, it is certainly better to be careful.. As you said, the probability is high..."

"Well ... I'm training harder now, so if something happens I'll come to help them too"

At my courageous words, my father watched my eyes suprised for a moment.
For him to be surprised... on the contrary, I think this is a matter of course.

I took some glances to him, but after a while my father sighed.

"That would be nice, if your children could learn swordsmanship as you, almost no one could be their opponents, and if you and them could help in the battlefield in the case we're attacked ... Mary, Mary? ? "

"What is it?"

"Why didn't you teach your swordsmanship to Iris and Bern?"

At that question, I have a bitter smile.

"One of the reasons is that they didn't want ... And If they don't learn by their own will, they won't want to continue and will never become stronger in the true sense."

Probably ... Regarding martial arts training, It'll be quite a blow if it turns out that way.
In my case, I'm strong because I endured the harshness and with appropriate preparedness continued training nonstop.
Speaking of how severe ... Mr. Schlee, Count Anderson and my father called me "crazy" ... including my father's subordinates and elite soldiers.
And naturally, you need to endure a considerable level of pain over and over with yourself to be taught.

"I think... Teaching them is my selfish wish..."

While searching for words, I tell father.
Now that our country is in crisis, there is no time for them to learn, that is something from the past.

"You may remember but I started swordsmanship for revenge, and when that wish ceased, my innermost thoughts were not to create another monster like me again. By protecting those who are suffering, hatred will not appear.. That's why I kept my training my sword and dyed these hands with blood .... But my children don't know about those feelings... I don't want for them to have my life... I want them to be happy... There is no need to grasp the sword in such a peaceful life they have, and it is more important for them to learn what is required for the position of being the Duke of Almeria. That's why I never let them hold the sword. "

"... In short, at the end you didn't want your children to hold the sword?"

"Hee hee ... Yes, but as I said earlier ... If they would have wanted to learn sword from the bottom of their hearts, they would have done so"

"I got it"

"Well, after all ... These children of mine never will need to stain their hands with blood directly, but from the standpoint of view of nobility they were supposed to carry a sword."

"That's right"

At my words, my father showed a bitter smile.

"I will be rude here ... Father, Thank you for letting me know the victory of Prince Alfred and Iris."

"What ... well, be careful when returning home."

"Yeah"

3 comments:

Your message has been sent. It will be published after approved.