Koushaku Reijou no Tashinami - Ch 198


Conference II


"... Our new king is powerful!"

"... He's the image of the founder!"

As the blessings echoed, my voice and the voice of another person sounded.
It was my voice and my uncle's voice, Count Anderson. The field quieted, all the people were paying attention to us.

"Count Anderson! What is the meaning of this farce?" Queen Elle shouted.

My voice sounded at the same time as my uncle, but Queen Elle seems to be ignoring my existence.
"Count Anderson!..." I called my uncle.

"No matter what the thing in dispute is ... this country's law of inheritance dictates that the firstborn inherits it, unless there's a special circumstance such as the firstborn suffering from a serious illness, there is no way than anyone other than the firstborn can inherit it. This also applies to the royal family. This announcement is nothing but a farce. "

"Do you think that the First Prince who is not even here is suitable to be king?. That is impossible. "

"Queen Elle, the fact that he isn't here cannot implicit his capacity to rule over this kingdom, you don't have the right to determine who will be king. After the king is dead, the first child promptly inherits the kingship, that is the kingdom law. In other words, the decisions of the king's wife are useless. "

Princess Elle gazes me with a sight that could kill.
It was a gaze so abhorrently, and transmitting hate from the bottom of the heart.

"Also, Mr. Edward, You said that you can be a good king ... How do you plan to overcome this difficulty?"

"I do not have any obligation to answer you."

"No. Please answer. If you want further supplies from our territory."

"Why should I listen to you! I am the king! And what nobleman talks like that, it is rude!"

......He didn't ascend to the throne yet, is not it?
I came up with such a doubt after hearing his tone.

"Well, that's right! ... Someone, pick this woman and throw her into the prison!"

But nobody moved.
The guards who were at the sides didn't move too.

The guards here are all my grandfather's soldiers.
They can't move unless ordered by my uncle.

Although he already retired from the front line, my grandfather is the hero of this country. That's why my family is the one with most authority over all armed forces. They never will obey orders from others.

In addition, the current knight captain is the Count of Mirese.
The Count of Mirese had only seated in the position of kinght captain of the Order for one month and he has almost no practical experience.
Even so, Queen Elle and her subordinates forcibly put him in the rank of knight captain.
There were many people inside the Order who did not feel comfortable with this and collaborated to remove him.
... Actually I did not plan to intervene in it, and much less involve my grandfather.

"... 40% of total amount of grain collected by royal family for the kingdom is collected from our territory?"

"What ??? How is that possible??? ...."

"If we consider the scale of this disaster, it's unavoidable that the food is insufficient, but why is the royal family collecting all the food to supply the shortage from our territory, despite the fact that there are other areas with more crops than us?"

"You are the only territory that has that much remaining food, it is natural for you to serve the kingdom as a Duke."

"Are you going to tell that it's okay to impose the weight of providing 40% of the food needed for the entire kingdom in one single territory? .... I do not know ...what is the meaning of this? I was surprised when I heard the results of the investigation. Wow, the responsibility of feeding 40% of the kingdom population is in my head, how many people will starve when our food is emptied... especially if we talk that the kingdom has many cultivation areas, so imposing this responsibility on us is purely absurdity.  It may be dangerous soon, as we're at our limit with the food.. so I am asking what kind of measures will be taken by the royalty to solve this."

I said and laughed. It's truly absurdity. Look at the faces of the Queen and the Second Prince.
Some people start questioning the same as me to Queen Elle, but the people with consciousness of the poverty of their own territory felt offended, as they like to waste resources and touching this topic can uncover them.

Several nobles agreed with my voice.
They are members of the faction of the First Prince and Neutrals who're now in alliance.

The property and food held by the Duke of Almeria overwhelm the rest of the territories.
I took it as a negotiation card.
Count Anderson, of course, is a territory allied with ours.
Even if we're relatives, for others we're people who protect each other.
His weight is on military force, and the Duke of Almeria's weight is financial strength.
Our two territories has become the pillar, and other territories are attached. It's can turn into a detached fortress inside the kingdom.

Before I came to the royal palace, I began to make contact with other territories and made many alliances, and after arriving in the capital today I rushed to various nobles houses, and Tanya sent letters to some important people and managed to shape our fortress alliance.

Although the land bordering the northern part of the Duke of Almeria is in the Second Prince faction, and this is painful, but the territory of Count Anderson, which is separated by mountains and adjoining the western part, and the territory bordering the East participate in this alliance.
Ed got surprised by me slightly, whether the surprising thing for him was that there are other voices in favor of me or what I said, I don't know.

"You must continue to provide for the kingdom, further questions are unnecessary."

"No more, my territory is impossible, as the people will fall in poverty soon, I will be co-author of their declining, I refuse to collect more from them."

"What audacity!... Good, you're determined to go against the royal family until the end, I will sent retaliation with the army!"

"Will the kingdom be able to support the required funds to move the army... Or are you going to impose it on those who support you? If you're going to be king, please do consider it well for your own good."

"This country is mine! If I imprison you as a profane for your sin commited now and confiscate your territory, then all is solved!"

As soon as Yuri told him that it was a good idea, his eyes were shining.
Princess Elle and Marquis Maras agreed immediately and other aristocrats from the Second Prince faction also agreed with it.

At that moment, I was at my limit.
It was the same for my uncle besides me.

"Then we shall excuse ourselves. This discussion is already fruitless even if remain for even another second."

My uncle declares with a cold voice.
I also stand up with my uncle.
And as we're about to leave, nearly half of the nobles also stood up.

19 comments:

  1. Thank you for taking my advice, it is more readable than ch. 196, still need a little bit editing but you already on the right path. Thank you for the chapter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. That's interesting. This chapter is sure interesting but... Wasn't them supposed to be at least more smart? They dont even know how to talk... “I AM THE KING BLA BLA BLA...” retard!
    Thanks for the chapter. Thanks a lot 🌺🌸💐

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well in the first place he is just a puppet of the corrupt nobles and enemy country, so yeah they don't want him to be smart

      Delete
    2. And those in feudal systems like in the medieval era, those who don't care about the suffering of the people are stupid, cause those stuffs makes the people start a revolution or rebellion. It can be created with just like a tick to a scale, with provocations and rumors. Corruption is not that stupid at that era but they have to keep the ballace of the life of the people or their regime will fall

      Delete
  3. Its nice to see their move, but how could the queen's side (Elle in particular) not have seen this coming? Kingdom is now officially split between first and second prince factions. I'm wondering what her plan to deal with this is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Queen elle's point of view is quite narrow actually, cause she is only in the pallace and think the kingdom and nobles are almighty, she might have the capabilities of acheming but her view is just in the high society of the kingdom

      Delete
    2. And her plan wpuld be quite futile too cause the great powers of the opossing allied factions.the ballance had tipped of because of them and alfred have the high ground with the backing of the half entire nobles (with quite some powerful one especially the ones who owned the military and the strongest finance in the kingdom the grandpa and also our beloved MC Iris)

      Delete
  4. too much tension!! T^T
    thank you for the translation

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your translations, keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you very much for the chapters and the translations :) ☺♥☺♥ :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad that I found out about your website。 Thanks for the great effort to translate the novel. I look forwards to the new chapters coming.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhh, i'm waiting for Dean comin' in some chapters!
    Thx for translation!^^

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes that's why he is a puppet and will always be a puppet. He will never have a happily ever after end. Either got executed or convined or becoming puppet with no power if he wins (where its way too impossible its like trying to kill the entire human being on earth with just a single small pistol bullet)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you very much for taking the time and effort to translate this novel. I really love this but it seems that I already starting to lose hope the last time coz the update takes longer

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ed is such a man-child *face palm* btw thanks so much for another great chapter!

    ReplyDelete

Your message has been sent. It will be published after approved.