Koushaku Reijou no Tashinami - Ch 233


Brother and Sister II

"Excuse me, Your Highness, there is something I'd like to confirm... Leticia!??"

Feeling the atmosphere drifting in the room, Bern stiffens himself for a moment.

"... am I interrupting something?. Shall I go?"

"No, Bern, please stay."

It was Leticia who stopped him trying to leave.

"but…"

"I want you to listen to it, too"

At her serious voice, Bern has a troubling look.
He was trying to figure out our conversation, looking at her eyes narrowly to observe any signs.

"... Well, do you remember brother, I said I had met Bern before you introduced him?"

"Well, when I went to the Imperial Palace to give to the former king my father's report, I didn't know the Princess at that time and I discourteously began a casual conversation with her."

"You should have said that you're were a gentleman at that time, not?"

Letty smiled and said to Bern.

"... Hey, Bern, what do you think about Iris being in the position of Duke permanently?"

After that question came out of her mouth, Bern has a look that seems more and more confused.
By the way, Bern does not know that I used to work as Iris right arm in the Duke of Almeria.
It was miraculously that Bern was not there when I was in the Duke of Almeria.
That's why he can't understand the question asked in the first place.

"As a person engaged in national affairs ... I think that marrying her into another country is a loss of our country."

"... Ho?"

"My elder sister may be my family, but any person who knows her knows that my sister is an excellent leader, especially the ability she has to gather the hearts of the people and make them follow her ... My Prince you may be unaware of this but it's true."

Bern said so, with a bitter smile.

"I began to feel that my place is in the national government under His Highness... I am more knowledgeable than my sister in several fields, such as various precedents related to national law and national administration I am proud of it. "

"...... Your enthusiasm is being heard from others. If I had to recall on the mentions they did about you from the national library and experts outside, and when the meetings.. your performance as an officer under me is truly magnificent."

In fact, Bern changed.
He's acquiring knowledge with the momentum and reflecting it in practice.
That figure was enough to remind me the appearance of Iris at the government of her territory.
Even those who were first despising Bern are now trembling when hearing his name.

"... I'm afraid that's true, but I still can not reach my sister"

To my consent, though Bern did not show joy and remained with a serious look, I knew he was happy.

"Practice is based on knowledge, what is done, if there is no knowledge to a certain extent practice will not be possible, but even if there is knowledge conversely, whether it can be used effectively is another story"

Knowledge is a tool.
Even if it's necessary to utilize tools, not necessarily would one need to become the tool itself.

"My older sister understands the technique to utilize what she saw or heard, and the ability to create new things from her knowledge is also amazing."

At Bern's words, I agreed silently.
Anyway... I have been at her side for a long time, even more than him.
So I have seen that ability, more closely than Bern.

"Above all, the most talented people are gathered around my older sister, because.. my sister always says -human resources are treasure- and gives maximum support to them. It's because she is such a girl that the territory has developed so much. If there is something missing in her, they will compensate it. What she learns, and how much she can learn if she were alone... is not a problem for her, as... all sorts of things and any amount of knowledge is possible for her thanks for the people she has gathered. Because the time is not enough for her to learn all she wants, but under her people who knows what she wants to know are getting together more and more and continue to work hard jointly with her... I think the most important thing for a leader is the ability to find the practical solution to things rather than knowledge. And the charm to attract talented people. My sister is an excellent individual in that aspect. That's why I think she is very important for this country. "

"Well, then Bern, are you opposing her marriage?"

"That's a decision she must take and I'll respect her decision, but... I would like to keep her in this country, so for that I will give up the inheritance rights to the Duke of Almeria forever"

".. What???!!"

"Because of her work, is that there is now the Duke of Almeria. My older sister is the most suitable person as a lord... Surely, not only myself but also our people think the same thing"

"...... Although what you say is something I thought of considering before, I would like to ask you something, are you okay with that Bern, will you not regret it later?"

In this country, the firstborn inheritance is the basis.
In addition, it is common sense that the firstborn, if a man, will succeed the family.

A case where a woman is the only successor is for example when boys were not born in that family and only girls exist, or when the boy dies without leaving a next generation, or as a temporary family head until the next generation boy grows bigger enough for him to occupy the position. That's the only way of keeping it.

If there're healthy boys, girls rarely succeed.
If girls succeeded the position, no matter how good the girl is at it, the people will think that there was no male relative or that there was something wrong with the next successor.

If Bern abandoned his inheritance as Duke and gave it to Iris... Bern would be deemed "someone with problems" at the eyes of the population.
Even if it's not true, people will believe it anyway, because it's common sense.

Letty's earlier question was implicitly showing it.

"Well, that doesn't matter to me, what are those words around us, if you think about what's the best for the people, you do not need to hesitate, this is my opinion. That's why I still want to give this position to my sister."

However, Bern said that with a gentle smile.

20 comments:

  1. Bern should have said to dean that to marry his sister right there...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww... Berne just really cares for his sister huh....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for the update!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh, I want to read the next chapter so badly.
    Thanks for your hardwork!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know I hate Bern the most lol, he of all the people that shat on Iris at that shitty school, he of all of them, should have known his sister better... she brought destitute children into their family, protected them, allowed them to learn and grow stronger, then created opportunities for them to live a better life, she had already put that into practice long before she was trashed and discarded by those at that school. She wasn't even a reincarnator at that time, but the original Iris without previous world knowledge, yet this shitty Brother... turned on her without a second thought, did nothing to find out the truth of her situation, instead he willingly went ahead and followed that stupid Prince and his slut... of all those people who treated her like trash, he was the absolute worst...

    I feel really angry that he is given this opportunity at redemption, I wanted him to pay severely... it's unfair that he got to do all that shit to Iris without even so much as a slap on the wrist for his involvement, I find his outrage at the death of that child he held in his arms to be the most disgusting moment in this story... his pathway to redemption, how gross... this shit had an admirable example in his own family, that tried her best as a child to prevent harm coming to disadvantaged children right under his stupid pathetic nose, that child he was powerless to save? Iris saved many when she was so young... I want to kick him and shove the adults that are alive now and serve Iris so faithfully back in his disgusting face... this is the person you betrayed you pig shit... a person that saved all these lives...

    I want him to suffer... I want him to suffer endlessly for all he had done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Bern did some horrible things.
      But i dont think he deserves all this hate. For him as an ignorant teenager who was blinded by love the thing he did was horrible. Imagine the people whom you have the most trust in as your family change their opinion in you just because they believed blindly in someone. Yeah that sure sucks. But i do not blame Bern that much for it. He had this girl that he likes 'that b**ch' and every thing this girl showed was innocence, kindness, and weakness.
      On the other hand his sister appeared as strong and sharp yes she is kind and helpful but in that situation she didn't give him the air of a helpless innocent person. Every one of her actions at that time was screaming guilty.
      That is why he misjudged and choose the wrong person to protect.
      Your hate should be directed at the person who created that situation, that b**ch.
      What i find admirable about Bern is the fact that he thought about it afterwards and managed to see the wrong he has done as well as how he triad to make it right.
      YES he has done a terrible
      Thing but he also acknowledged his mistake and triad to fix it.
      He is not that bad.

      I personally, obviously, like him.
      I hope you can rethink your hate for him >•<

      Delete
    2. Mmm I disagree with you. Yes Bern was a little piece of shit in the beginning of the story, he fell in love with a manipulative girl and didn't saw more far; he forgot about his family only because he thought that the girl he was in love was a innocent and sweet girl. He has many wrongs, like many nobles who are prouds and don't think of anything else. But every person needs a second chance, nobody is perfect and what Bern have is a character developemnt, Iris forgive him but tell him tha she will never forget about what he did; and Bern accept that, because he knows that what he did was the worst, he knows that he betrayed his sister and even his family; and he knows that everything never gonna be the same, and he doesn't try to made everybody forgive him and act like nothing happens, he try to change, to learn and to demostrate that he is not the same, that he can become a reliable personn a person who kniws is wrong and try to learn from them so he can be a better person.

      What makes him a likeble characters is that he accept that reality and accepts the blame, accepts that he was blind and ignorant, that he was proud and thought that he knew everything when in reality knows nothing. He accepts his wrong and try to learn frome them, so he wont be again the little piece of shit he was, he try to be a better person without forget the wrongs he did. He saw a reality that he didn't know was possible because he has always lived in a different ambient because he from a noble family.

      Yes what he did was horrible, but not the worst. The worst is to know that what you did was wrong but not accept your actions were wrong, blame somebody else or simple not accept reality; like the knight or the person of the curch, and worst the prince.

      So Bern have gained that second chance, to follow that path of redemption.

      Delete
  6. OMG)) Don't expect it... Wait for next chapter
    Thank you for your hard work❤❤❤

    ReplyDelete
  7. bern..my man!!! look how you've grown!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks you for the translation.
    Always a joy to see an update

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bern. You changed so much. I am so proud of you!!
    Thx for the chapters. I enjoy this novel so much.❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for this chapter!!! And Bern you have grown so much!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for the chapter.
    OMG. I like how he talks about his sister.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm starting to like Bern!
    Thanks for the translation!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Muchas gracias por el capítulo, estuvo muy interesante, es Bern la persona que dijo Letty que no estaba sola? O era su primo? Como tiene sentimientos por ella...
    Pero parece que quieren juntar a Petty y a Bern

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ya ves dean oponte también al MATRIMONIO!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for your work!!! Happy holidays!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Replies
    1. As i was saying.....lol.....and unexpected option although a bit hard to come true (Letty replacing Alfred).
      Thanx for the chapter!

      Delete

Your message has been sent. It will be published after approved.