The Ceibo




The Ceibo

I have my memories joined to your leaves,
I loved you as we would love the shadow of our home,
Gentle companion from the aura of my life,
magnificent ceibo of the royal ParanĂ¡.

The hours of the summer went under your shadow,
pending from your branches my guarani swing,
eternal vibrations marked my chest,
treasure of harmony the future took.

And many times, many.. my sunburn forehead,
burned under the rays of the midday sun,
foggy with the mist of light and thoughts,
look under your crown freshness and solitude.

There under the nervous and isolated branches,
having for canopies your carmine flowers,
also their houses suspend in the air the birds,
favorite swing from the happy zephyr.

Thrown in your branches asking for help,
a thousand lucks of thread with multiple colors;
and opening adventurous your carmine flowers,
garland of islands crown your mansion.

I remember those blue and gentle waves,
that around you repulse the glory of your temple,
and those that the people, sonorous and laying down,
like a mantle of foam throw to your feet.

I recall those golden and tranquil afternoons,
filled with scents, songs and love.
in the blurred dreams that sleep in the soul,
awaken in the notes of the soft vibrations.

Then the rumors sleeping in your leaves,
mistaken with the waves of your fleeting music,
heard in the flights of the birds and voices,
wandering in the ribbons of the green Totoral.

Oh how I hope that God never denies me your good shadow,
ceibo of my islands, lord of ParanĂ¡!
Could I with my poems leave my soul with you,
living your life, having your peace!

Rafael Obligado, Author.
1851 - 1920