The adventurer who received undesired immortality - Ch 3


Skeleton VS Skeleton

In the dark aisle of the labyrinth, I was standing as I was looking forward to how good I will be as the so-called ordinary skeleton. How the humans call what I currently am.
I can not use magic, I have neither power nor healing, just an ordinary skeleton.
When I stand with my sword at some distance of another skeleton, that one recognized my existence as an opponent. 
My bones rang as if laughing.
Even though it was just a type of monster who I had fought over and over again for years, it was once again quite frightening, those are a creepy existence.
If a living thing becomes only a bone, usually it will never start up again.
Even so, contrary to it.. it continues to act like a living being, the more I see it, the more I feel like I'm certainly missing something.
I have become something that looks like this in the eyes of humans.
Whatever you think of this, I can not go to the city like this at this rate.

So I truly understood this time my place and I wanted to sigh.
But I do not have lungs, so I cannot.
It is natural because I'm only bones.
To that fact, I feel disappointed.
I feel like I'm strongly struck but the fact that I'm no more a human being. 

I thought that I completely had chewed the fact that I became it, but it seems that not only that I had yet to accept, I also was indecisive about where could I live or what to do from now on.

But still, I have to proceed.

Defeat the existence that I thought was probably a cousin in front of me, as we're the same type, but now it became my stepping stone.

So decided, I moved my legs, I intended to do it.

That speed was honestly, as slow as a snail.
Well, although it is certain that the speed of bones without muscles will be slow but.. running is running not, is it serious? There is no doubt that it is a speed that couldn't be so slow if may be asked.
The physical ability seemed to have considerably dropped.
If I think about it, it may be a matter of course.

Originally, since bodies move thanks to muscles, without them, it's obvious the result.
To that proof, the other skeleton was as slow as I was.

But, that was a matter of fact, if not how would I have survived as a copper coin adventurer so many years?

My sword speed is slow, but of course it is not that I have lost my swordsmanship as I have won before, I remember the basics firmly.
So, from that knowledge, it is reasonable to believe that swinging down is the best method to raise the speed of the sword even if it is not powerful, so I actually tried that, but it was terrible.
First, it was difficult to lift.
It is natural that there is no power.
Even then, trying hard and lifting it, this time it was difficult to reverse the direction of the force applied to the sword and move to the swing.
This is also due to incompetence.

In other words, the swordsmanship I had is not useful at all.
Well, that too, may be natural if I think about it. The swordsmanship that I had is for human beings.

It is not a system designed with the thought of shaking in mind. 
But anyway how do I manage to win then?
I would be beyond useless and slow now as it is.

While I was being swayed by the weight of the sword, I was headed to make an attack, but I was choking my legs.
And because of that, the bones of the right foot part got dislocated, I was rushing like I had cuffs and picking up my leg and trying to attach it to the base of my foot.
It makes me feel like a comedy actor and want to laugh, but I do not have any vocal cords to give out any sound anyway.

Apparently the sound that can be emitted sounds like a bone, it sounds just like it, just like it seems, just like I heard when I first found the other side, I heard a sound and laughed at how bad was it.

Then, the other side seemed a little angry, I attached the foot that went off quickly, then came towards him a little earlier than before.
Apparently, the other seems to have become serious.
I thought this was bad.
Indeed, he rushes over here and hits me as it is, I fall, and collapses.

And with the collapsed posture, I as a skeleton, would soon be killed and it ended. I thought that I had to counterattack or something, however, such a need seemed to be unnecessary.
Why am I saying that, is because the sword he had swing, was swayed by its weight and pierced hard at the back of his head. However, it's truly an immortal being, just as the sword got stuck in his head he does not seem to die, I am overwhelmed by this bad vision with a strange face.

It has done quite a lot of human movement until now. However, it seems that the intelligence is not so high, so it seems impossible to immediately judge how to respond to the sword that stabs him.

In the meantime, I regard it as an opportunity, grab the handle of the scabbard in a hurry, then give all the strength to swing it.
I thought I could deliver a final blow, but there was no power, again I'm in trouble...
Will this battle continue forever like this?
I do not want to keep fighting with him for a hundred years...
Currently, what I have is the power of mind that can help raising a simple physical ability, which seems to be the easiest to use for me right now.

Immediately after I came up I decided to put the power of mind around my whole body.
I thought that whether the possibility that it could be used successfully was honestly subtle.
However, I have already tried to activate it once, and if I can not do it, I can use other power.
Originally, it was no good.

But the bet was to succeed in good luck.

A sword that did not move even though I put my strength in and so much effort, started to move, and my opponent finally broke down.
Not only the head but the absurd and disgusting sounds of the other broken bones echoed.
The body collapsed and fall apart as it lost support. The one that until now, was firmly joined and moved as one.
It seems like if the head is completely destroyed, the immortality is lost.

Have I managed to win?

It was a very unusual and comical first battle, but it seems that I managed to win.
I also managed to understand my own ability in actual combat.

At first, this is probably a bad result.
I thought so, but I was relieved that I was able to finish.