Koushaku Reijou no Tashinami - Ch 188

Plans

... However, I will not let my plans end in failure.

"Someone! Call Lyle and Dida!"

Whether my voice was strange, the residents of the mansion hurriedly moved.

"Princess, what do you want?"

"Did you need something, Milady"

It was late, everyone must be asleep, but they changed their clothes and ran to me.
At the same time, Tanya came in.
In her hands, documents... Perhaps it's a stockpile of them.

"Tanya, thank you"

She handed it over to me quickly.
While receiving it, I tell the story of the flood damage to Tanya and Dida.
And the impact of Divan's work joined with the flood damage to the future of the kingdom.

"The number of immigrants from other territories may increase, but the stockpiles and the land of the Almerian Duke are not infinite ... So, I'd like you to strengthen the security of the territory."

The stockpiles in the territory can endure for a certain period of time.
That is the result of what I've accumulated up to now.
But, of course it's not infinite.

If people know that there are crops stockpiles in a distant area fortunately far from the disaster ... Perhaps, many people will come.

Naturally, the relevant offices of the territory will be confused, and in the current state we're now, we cannot support if it happens, confusion in the territory will be terrible.

"Okay"

"And then, for both of you, I trust you from the bottom of my heart... so..."

For a moment I hesitated to emit the words I was about to say.
However, I have to say it. 

"Minimal food for several months for the population of the kingdom... I want to provide it"

"Do you want to provide them food for several months?"

Their expressions looked surprised and embarrassed, like it's impossible.

"Of course, giving them food is a metaphor, but keep the quantity of food they would require in a place separately from the stockpile that we had before. Would be okay in my house? ...... I will rewrite the books of procedures for emergency."

"Why do you want to do such a thing?"

"Because the country may ask us to provide them crops, I do not know what impossible imposition will they put on us as our territory is seen as prosperous, perhaps when they come to control the territory they will ask for a percentage of crops as tax for the kingdom bad times, so that's why I want to prepare for it in advance"

"I see..."

"... It's preventing for the worst, I hope it doesn't happen..."

"... Then let's get started."

To each person, I give detailed instructions.
They started moving all together.

... Do not think about impossible things. 
We're tiny humans. Therefore, we must choose.
They should protect themselves more than calling for help to the distant places.
I am weak myself to help my people, I can't imagine having more to support.


Do not run away. Do not lose. Do not depend on others.
Be responsible for what you choose.

I told myself and faced the papers.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck Iris!! Even if you have prepared for the disaster in your territory, if another territory didn't prepare as well the impact will still got to yours.
    Thanks for the chapter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right!? Espetially that the kingdom can take advantage of their preparation and just demand their support.

    ReplyDelete

Your message has been sent. It will be published after approved.