Koushaku Reijou no Tashinami - Ch 240


Battle
(Dida's point of view)

……That night.
As the sun went down, the enemy soldiers also stopped the battle and returned to their camps.

"Dida! here's your meal."

After listening to the report from the captain and letting the soldiers rest, I was looking at the desk and the maps of the territory.

"Dida, I leave your meal here. Please eat before it gets cold."

"Before it gets cold ... Tanya usually brings me a warm and delicious meal.."

That said, I seem to see those warm meals that were put on the tray as I raised my gaze.
But, sadly, this time the guards only brought hard snacks and canned food.

Those are the ones that the Princess has invented as a part of preserving stock from before.
Although, while eating them daily for a while I noticed that it reduced the soldiers burden of cooking and it was highly nutritious.

But before I started with the hard snacks, another team entered with a warm meal.

"... Who made it?"

"The volunteer group"

"Sorry .... What ingredients were used? Did we pay them properly?"

"They said they don't need it. They said that if they don't have stock left later, Iris will do something about it. If that person wins this war, they'll never starve. "

"That's true."

I start eating with easy at that point.

"Oh ... and please save a place in your stomach for alcohol. They've sent the best alcohol."

"... please don't say anything stupid...  We're at war..."

The member who brought the meal laughed as if in trouble.

"Do you want me to report this to the princess later..."

"Hm ... Dida, that's a little ... I was only joking.."

I can see his fright at those words.
It was interesting, and finally I laughed loudly.

"It's a joke. ... but a seriously.. how can you come up with such an offer?"

".... How many days do we've to keep defending here?"

"We need to win..."

My words will sound awkward at this time, but it's the truth.

"The enemies are having fun. I hope they keep that spirit until we win."

Of course, we haven't given up even in this situation.
But.. the indignation that has been accumulated up to this point with this war will burst if I'm not careful.

"The enemy is enjoying ... based on what?"

"The difference in strength?."

"It's because the captain is using a narrow exposed path ..."

"That's the only way. They have taken many hostages from this city and have taken control of the passageways. "

That's why I was angry.

How to outrun the enemy ... I was thinking of going out and defeating them directly, never to allow them to step on the land of the Almeria Duchy ever again.
...... However, still... the difference in strength can not be easily reversed.

"... Speaking of which Dida. It is possible to even our numbers with the solution the volunteers brought... I think..."

"Oh, really !?"

I scratched my head and jumped out.
Long vertical barricades of wood, several thick stakes and many large stones.
They were in line.

"Oh! Well made in this short time. Thank you very much."

"That's fine. If you make use of this, then that's the best prize for us."

The town's members are proud.

"Ah, do you really not want to evacuate? From here on, I can not guarantee your security. Of course, I will do my best to protect the city ... but I do not know what will happen. You see, it's possible for the enemy to invade... "

"Still, here is our city"

I feel more and more confused about them.

"This is our pride. It's an important place for us. It has become a warm home for all of us since she became a lord recently. ... I can't imagine leaving."

"When we had a problem with the fake Voldic family before, we know that she came to this land and worked to solve it. You don't have to protect us, but... if we run away and abandon this city.. how will we face the lady later? "

"Okay, that's fine, you should believe and follow as you want. We'll do our best to protect here"

I laughed in spite of myself. This people is cute.
Once ... I lived in this city until I was saved by the Princess.

From that time...
The princess is acting as a lord, and the territory ... This city has changed a lot.
Both the cityscape and the system.
But apparently it wasn't just that.
People ... The people's thoughts also seemed to have changed.

"Sorry ... By the way, how is the lady?

"Hm ... true"

"Oh, will someday she come back to this city?"

Everyone talks with anxiety and expectation.
Like that, I laughed from the bottom of my heart.
...... I liked it a lot.

"Oh yeah ... Put this high shield at the front of each front. Then put the stones in each party."

"What is this thing?"

At my request, each member of the volunteers started to move, and some of them asked a question.

"This string is a set with the stones. It is used to throw at the enemy."

"Hey ... will we really live here and defend with you?"

"Well, I'm asking..."

"Ouch!"

"Don't keep asking thoughtless things! Move on!"

"But.. we have homes, are we not using it?"

"... I have a request regarding that... the distance to this front makes impossible to reach in time in case of an attack, can we be here?"

To those who came out, they uttered their request in a low voice.

"Well, it's good ..."

I smiled at them embarrassed and agreeing.

"Thank you. We might get hurt, but it's because we asked to help. "

After watching them for a while, I return to my seat.

"How are we going to fight them?"

The person who carried the meal who was watching along the way the way asked.

"... We will do harassment."

Seeing my smile, the members are a little confused.
They were wondering what was its use, but before they asked more questions, I left quickly.

... the next day, I called the captain of each squadron before the sun rose.

"I have placed the wooden shields made yesterday for everyone who volunteered."

"Huh, uh ... but with a wooden shield, what will we do?"

A wooden shield, etc. will soon be smashed with a sword ....
Such doubts were expressed in the faces of those who spoke and those who did not.

"Just follow my command. First of all, don't let the enemy get close"

"Don't let them get close?"

"Yes, let's make a group stand up on the barricade, on the upper floor of that house. Then we will fire with the bows from the windows."

"ah I see……"

The house I pointed to was the one facing the port.
The three-storey building had a number of windows facing the harbor.

"We're not knights. So it's okay to not be righteous according to chivalry. ...... We'll be fine if we can defend here. ... yeah?"

No one opens his mouth after my statement.
But everyone reflected their determination in the eyes.

"From now on, until reinforcements come, we will not directly exchange blows as much as possible, and will only focus on reducing the enemy's fighting ability as much as possible."

"Yes" All of them said in unison.

As the sun rose, the enemy soldiers moved.
As in yesterday, they are trying to break up into several groups and break into the city.

A member of the team who was waiting in the building shoots to the enemies.
The arrow shot from above accelerated and dropped according to gravity.
Several arrows fall, attacking the enemy soldiers mercilessly.

"Ohhhh! Where is the enemy!!! Where are the attacks coming from??"

"Oh, over there!"

"Up! Protect yourself with a shield!"

The lift up the shields and we throw the stones with a trebuchet as they continue advancing.
As with the arrows, the stones also hit the targets, because the shields couldn't support the heavyness which with the gravity was added, and some enemy soldiers even were blown away.

At the same time, we shoot arrows from the ground towards them, as they continue lifting the shields upwards.
The enemy's line was disorganized from the attacks from two directions.

After receiving reports from each team, I think of the whole situation in my head.
And each time, I add an additional instruction or a correction if necessary.


************************ *********************************

Thanks to @Someone, @Tracey and @Mary A for the support that made possible these new chapters!!

Soon will be coming garudeina chapters =)

0 comentarios:

Post a Comment

Your message has been sent. It will be published after approved.