Koushaku Reijou no Tashinami - Ch 125



Dark cloud


"...... The numbers are wrong, merchandise is coming in and going out ... compared to the past ... the distribution is decreasing"


While staring at the documents, I pointed out what I was concerned about.


"Why ... why not only everyday goods, but also imported goods, the so-called luxury goods, only in the eastern part those are decreasing"


"... ... well, I noticed it."


One of the members belonging to the management of the merchandise of the east opened his eyes as she says that.


"To my disappointment, I did not notice until Dean told me."


I had a bitter smile at this.


"What do you think is the problem? Did you notice? I'm not even sure where to start looking at yet.."


"Have this problem make you feel down?"


"Well, doesn't this make you angry too?"


"I was just worried. I wonder what to think of my subordinates that let this pass by. By the way, I thought that if it was you Dean, you would make a report on that, but what happened?"


"We do not have a report yet, I have sent people to the east in search of the cause ..."

" .... If you had seen this before milady, you could have told them to hand over the documents ahead of time to prevent this from the start."


"Well, then, do you think was correct my way of proceeding Dean?"


I laughed gently out of frustation.


"This not a fun matter .... That's really why, I wonder why, as far as I see the other documents, the number of people has not decreased, nor has decreased the desire to purchase, the price is slightly higher too.."


"Such a thing has not happened in other places other than the eastern part ... ... Is anyone intentionally operating? "

he murmured, while watching the papers and other materials in the room.


Meanwhile, the other people who were holding the documents there seemed to be observing this.


"... ... please call Sebastian. Thank you for the report."


I wrote all the instructions for Tanya and to the public affairs office.


And I immediately instructed Sebas to bring all the reports that come up from the east to me.

There is a port in the eastern part.

Therefore, it was a rich area from long ago.

Since I became an acting lord, I have been expanding and maintaining the port.

We are also putting emphasis on trading with other countries.

It is an area that is responsible for the precious source of revenue of the territory ...

I can not rest assured until I know the cause of this problem.

Now we only have some items with this problem, but there is no guarantee that this problem will not reach higher stages.


"... ... Dean ... About the report a little while ago, how is the progress?"


I said to him who came in with a knocking sound.


"Currently, honestly there has been no progress, after all we have to wait for the reports of the people we sent to the east for inspection, but there is one thing to worry about ...."

"Is it that there are no abnormalities other than the numbers on the reports? that's why it's not progressing?"


"Yes, it's too quiet, there is no reports that a maritime accident happened, there are no events like a riot, more to say, due to the reduction in distribution volume, some complaints and counseling came up from the church that wouldn't have to come. Even though there is no damage from these, no matter what, it is strange. "

"It would be fine if it was an error, but ... something has a bad feeling, Dean, can you stay forever?"

"Since the original contract is until tomorrow, I have to leave the territory for about a week because there is something that I have to do, but I will come back as soon as I finish it. "


"Yeah ... ... It can not be helped"


To tell the truth, it is reassuring for me if he is there.

It is not good to continue being negative, and also all will depend on the outside results.

"I understand. Please let me know if anything comes up."

After that, I went to the library ......

Anyway, it's nice to continue thinking of how things changed now that Dean is here.


Before he came, my work was too much and I would not have my hands now if not were for him helping me.

... .... No, is it the opposite?

I just noticed him because he came to me.

Some of the work I had accumulated was there from the beginning and now I have a margin of work that I can postpone, because he noticed and confirmed with the officials, it was possible that the report came to me.

Either way, I am grateful to him.


While I was thinking that, I reached the door and went inside.

"Oh, Reim, it's been a while since I saw you here."

"Iris!"

She smiled with a big and bright smile.

Although she is a librarian, if I need anything from the books I ask from the school of the city or from Raim trough others, so the time I have stayed lately here with her has decreased recently.

Also I have quite a limited time to come here so it's been a while since I saw her surrounded by books.

"What do you need, Iris,"

" I have some things that I want to look into a bit .... It's about the eastern part."

"What kind of thing do you look for?"

" about food ... ... Oh, maps and terrain are also indispensable.."

" anymore that would be useful?"

"... Well, if do you have a record of successive town mayors, or if there is a criminal record ..."

"Here's the report of the successive mayor's town, since it is not a new document, please handle with care."

"Yes, I know."

I received a bunch of papers from Reime.

"Then, even though it is a criminal record ...... The eastern part has extremely few people, perhaps more than we can imagine will come out"

"Oh ... ... Before the police can do anything, I heard that we did not record anything other than big incidents and disturbances, so it cannot be helped but why is the eastern part so extreme?"

"Originally there are things about the eastern part, like that violent people are easy to gather in there, fighting and disturbance seems to be like everyday things .It is because the Vortic family is there. "

"Vortic family? Who are they?"

I tilt my neck in response to those words I do not recognize.

"It is an organization that is managing the so-called back town, the slums. Look, there was a place where Dida stopped you from going to when the lady went to visit before, do you remember?

"Well, I guess, Tanya confirm me the recent movement of the Vortic family, do you know something about organizational changes?"

"Err ... ... The history of the family is old. It is from when the territory was born and the eastern part was set as a port .. It seems it has a family style and lineage, I do not think that family is well liked by the residents, though, is it? "

"... ... Incidentally, is it that bad their relationship?"

"It's handling illegal things, it seems that the slaves are not well dealt with, but the rest seems to be like mercenary private guards, and there are also gambling sites"

"Well, I guess if you are working as a guard, then the incident is settled before the story comes to reach my ears.When an incident happens, if they solve it while I do not know.. Then it does not exist for me. "

"That's it."


"...... Even so, Reime really knows a lot about it."

"Is there another organization like them?"

"Of course, there seems to be several other families like that, I do not know if those organizations still exist to the present, but ... I think they cannot be without interacting with each other, I seem to have heard about some conflict between the local families and the Vortic family"

"I see. I understood ... Thank you."