Koushaku Reijou no Tashinami - Ch 164


Tears

After informally talking with the prince of Acacia, I decided to head for the Kingdom quickly.

Although I my schedule full, there isn't any documents that need my approval, and more than anything, my subordinates are all the fiercest fighters when talking about documents and management duties.

All the officials and the people of the corporation continued working quickly without any change nor delay.

Only Madam Crajeur had tearful eyes.

The dress I was ordering will naturally not make it in time so she will send it later.

When Tanya went to tell her that my schedule had gotten tighter so I had to depart earlier, she said while tearfully grasping my arms that I must wear it, as she will send it absolutely.

Since I ordered it, there were various things complicated to work on the dress, so when she said that, I was touched ... it's about recognition of her hard work, there is nothing wrong with me being touched about that.

...... When my arms were grasped I was already very tired and I could not move after I got grabbed, it is not very easy to say that I could get free from Madam's passion more talking that it even makes Tanya shudder, so much less I can do anything about it, although I can not say anything of this to her.

I went to the kingdom at maximum speed, and as soon as I arrived I entered the mansion in a rush.

"Father...!!!"

I entered father's bedroom while running in tears to go to the bedside.

"Iris ..."

Father looks surprised at me.

"... Ouch!"

It seemed that he was about to get up, but he was distorting his face in pain when he tried.

"Husband, ... please lie down."

Mother sitting in a chair nearby gets up in a hurry to help father lay down.

"Father Sir," ...

"It's not a big deal ...... Everyone is just making a fuss about it too much."

"...It is not a big deal a cut that practically reach the organs ...?"

Mother's low voice resonated well in the room.
As a matter of course, I was surprised about father's wounds, but I was also surprised about mother's power.

"I thought that my heart would stop, and when I ran there, you already had lost a lot of blood and your breath was very subtle, but even though that, you got up, you even went right away without waiting for me when I said that I will go with you... Please, please take care of your body a bit more..."

"Mary, I am struggling because I worry about you too, but I had to go. If the Marquis faction becomes the general administrator of the kingdom through Princess Elle, now that I am the last shield of the bureaucrats in the royal palace as long as I'm not there, the national government will crumble down. "

"For them who are halting at the brinks of extinction you are the last shield and hope ... If they lose you, that hope will be lost forever ... I also will have lost my husband and you know that I can not live if that happens...!"

"Mary ..."

"Husband ..."

Suddenly I'm a bubble in the middle of sweet air... I feel like I don't have to be here.
No, well ... it is a very good thing that they have a good relationship.

"...Mother"

I did not want to disturb them, but as their sweet time does not end, I got to call  her for the time being.

"So now, how is father's wound condition ...?"

I thought that it would be impossible to obtain an answer from my father as he says only that he is well and tries to show that, so I asked mother who was sitting next to him.

"Oh ...... I am sorry, Iris, husband must rest for a while. The wounds are not closed yet, and it is dangerous if they start to bleed again"

"Is that so..."

"Did you worry so much that you rushed here?... Thank you, Iris"

I felt so comfortably that my chest got hotter.
Trying to return the word my voice is clogged in my throat because of the emotions, and tears accumulated in my eyes.
At least father shook his head.

There was something I wanted to ask.
...... I was thinking about it all the time until I came here.
But I am afraid and I can not put it in words.

"...... Iris, you do not have to worry, this is not your fault,"

...... Is it my fault that he was attacked?

My father, who saw my question before I pronounce a word, told me in denial, -it's not-.

"But, father ...... haven't you said before, that the Marquis was aiming to attack me... Is it that you father now received this attack but it was aimed at me?"

"I do not know who they were aiming for"

"About that, I am in the wrong, after seeing husband full of blood, I just got rid of the assassins before confirming who is behind this case ... ... what remained after their fall is not information that I care about... "

To mother who seems to be sorry, father just gives a gentle smile.

"If you do not help, I do not know if I would be alive now, I appreciate what you did, don't cling to those thoughts ... that is what I wanted to say Iris. Under the present circumstances where the attackers are unknown, you do not need to worry so much if it was something for you or not, what happened, happened.."

"but..!"

"Even if the attackers are from the Marquis, Iris it's not because of you. I wanted for you to rule over the territory, I am also handling national affairs within the royal palace, there is no need for you to carry a responsibility that from the start is mine. "

"Father..."

"Such a thing, Iris. You seemed to have had trouble"

Father reached for me.
Suddenly nearly, he stroked my head with his hand.
I wonder if it was the first time ...... I got stroked my head like this.

"It's a hard work ... compared to what happened to your father's body ... you were carrying a bigger burden for a longer time in that tiny body of yours ..."

"Because both of you are not boasting unhappiness, it is hard to see which one had it harder, both of you are always very serious at your work, then my husband, I worry about Iris the same as you and I understand, but please take a day off soon, your body is not ok, understand? "

At my mother's words, my father smiled bitterly while muttering saying "I do not know who is the enemy anymore... my wife seems fiercer..."

"Father, I will come again. At that time, please listen to what I'll say slowly"

The situation of father was the same as usual, as far as I was looking at him, I did not notice it at all.
In other words, if I do not know beforehand that he is injured, I would forget it.
To notice changes in father's physical condition just by watching him can only be said it's a lie.
I went out of the room immediately so as not to get in their way.

... Fortunately, my father's condition was stable and I was able to meet him the next day without problems.
So far ... There is nothing to talk about, so I told him about the various plots at the eastern territory, Van's plot and Dorsen case, the disaster countermeasures, the newly introduced insurance system and so on.

Although I frequently report on it, it is a good opportunity because I never talked to him directly about those.
Then, I told him about the meetings with the people of Acacia who recently came and about the prince's proposal.
I handed down the letter the prince gave me, but father is deep in thoughts... he has already sighed deeply multiple times.

Although I am wondering why this kind of troubles will drift from one to the next. Even myself cannot think this is pure coincidence. As things are at national level, my marriage has to be decreed by the royal family.

As a Prime Minister ... and as the Duke of Almeria, when I asked what he thinks would be best to do about this proposal, my father choked in his words for a moment.

"If I answer as a minister, there is no good result with either decision, if I answer as the Duke of Almeria .... It is regrettable to have someone as talented as you in another country, if I can, I would like for you to be in the territory as a counselor, or other position suited for yourself. ... but, if I talk as your father, I would like you to choose the options that you agree with, and I hope that you are happy. "

As a noblewoman, I wonder what way of thinking is the correct one ... or, after all I am just wondering what I should do ... ... and so ... more time passed while we talked about the things that happened previously.

But, I do not care about such a doubt.
That word "wish for happiness" for me it has no meaning.

Just then, my eyes got full of tears.

2 comments:

Your message has been sent. It will be published after approved.